Work Zone and Traffic Analysis Articles and Webinars
- Understanding Driver Behavior in Work Zones - Article in March/April 2013 Public Roads about driver behavior research to better understand how it affects work zone capacity and improve modeling of traffic flow at freeway work zones.
- Dynamic Work Zone Traffic Management (PDF 340KB) - May 2010 ITE Journal article that describes how the Oregon DOT is using smart work zone technology to increase safety and provide motorists with work zone delay and travel time information, as well as to collect traffic data that can be used for current and future work zone traffic analysis during design and construction.
- Article in July 2009 Focus About Traffic Analysis Toolbox Volumes VIII and IX
- Webinar on Road User Cost Analysis for Work Zone Applications - Held on November 15, 2011
- Webinar on Work Zone Analysis Tools - State Specific Tools Demonstration - Recording of November 18, 2010 webinar sponsored by FHWA, in partnership with Missouri, Wisconsin, and Ohio DOTs, in which the three states demonstrated their work zone analysis tools and answered attendee questions.
- Webinar on Work Zone Traffic Analysis Strategies - July 9, 2008 webinar, sponsored by FHWA/National Transportation Operations Coalition, on work zone traffic analysis approaches and issues, and a process for integrating traffic analyses into work zone decisionmaking. Included case studies showing how agencies/jurisdictions have incorporated work zone modeling into their processes and how these analyses are improving work zone planning and operations.
- Smart Work Zone Deployment Initiative (SWZDI) Webinar on July 26, 2010 - Presentations on Microsimulation of Freeway Work Zones to Assess Flow and Capacity, Examining Driver Behavior in Response to Work Zone Intervention-Simulation, and Feasibility of Visualization and Simulation Applications to Improve Work Zone Safety and Mobility.
You may need the Adobe® Reader® to view the PDFs on this page.
You may need the Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer to view PPTs on this page.