All materials on this page are available in hard copy at no cost. To request copies, please send an email with the name of the publication you are requesting, number of copies needed, and shipping directions to email@example.com.
- Implementing the Rule on Work Zone Safety and Mobility (HTML, PDF 1.3MB) - Provides a general overview of the Rule, as well as guidance, examples, best practices, tools, and resources to help implement the Rule's provisions.
- Work Zone Impacts Assessment: An Approach to Assess and Manage Work Zone Safety and Mobility Impacts of Road Projects (HTML, PDF 10MB) - Provides guidance on developing procedures to assess and manage work zone impacts of road projects, as well as examples of how agencies are currently assessing and managing work zone impacts.
- Developing and Implementing Transportation Management Plans for Work Zones (HTML, PDF 1.4MB) - Provides information about developing and implementing Transportation Management Plans (TMPs), including information on how and where a TMP fits into project-level processes and procedures, a list of components that can be considered for inclusion in a TMP, descriptions of work zone management strategies, and examples and practices of how agencies are currently using TMPs.
- Work Zone Public Information and Outreach Strategies (HTML, PDF 3.4MB) - Provides tips, examples, and practices on designing a public information and outreach campaign for work zones and offers a variety of strategies that can be used in a campaign.
- CD Containing Work Zone Safety and Mobility Rule Implementation Guides and Other Resources (Publication Number: FHWA-HOP-07-116) - Contains all four of the Rule implementation guides; other Rule-related resources such as checklists, templates, and a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs); and information on the Work Zone Peer-to-Peer Program and other resources. Almost all of the materials on the CD have been previously distributed in hardcopy and are available electronically on this web site. The CD pulls all these materials together in one small package and provides some of the materials in a more easily usable format. The CD can be ordered using the instructions at the top of this page.
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs on this page.