Work Zone Process Review Toolbox
Periodic evaluation of work zone policies and procedures and work zone impacts aids in the process of addressing and managing the safety and mobility impacts of work zones. Process reviews help assess the effectiveness of a program and/or a set of policies and procedures. They enable the agency and respective FHWA Division Office to confirm that a problem does not exist, and to make recommendations to improve situations where shortcomings might exist.
This Work Zone Process Review Toolbox contains tools to help you conduct an effective Work Zone Process Review. The first section of the Toolbox has information to help you determine the purpose/goals and scope of a review, expected outcomes, team members, and possible data sources. This section also contains sets of potential questions that can be used to assess various work zone program areas while doing a work zone process review. The Resources section provides information on training, and includes examples and tips that share what other peers have done. The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section provides answers to some commonly-asked questions about work zone process reviews.
For general background information on process reviews, see "ABCs" of Process Reviews.
Printable Version of Process Review Toolbox (PDF 401KB)
Webinar on Work Zone Process Reviews - held on October 31, 2011
- Transcript (HTML, PDF 203KB)
- Introduction Presentation, by Tracy Scriba, FHWA Work Zone Mobility and Safety Team (HTML, PDF 302KB)
- Iowa Presentation, by Jerry Roche, FHWA Iowa Division and Dan Sprengeler, Iowa DOT (HTML, PDF 299KB)
- Colorado Presentation, by Dahir Egal, FHWA Colorado Division; K.C. Matthews, Colorado DOT; and San Lee, Colorado DOT (HTML, PDF 150KB)
- Louisiana Presentation, by Betsey Tramonte, FHWA Louisiana Division and Barry Lacy, Louisiana DOTD (HTML, PDF 340KB)
You will need the Adobe Reader to view the PDF on this page.