Policy, Legislation, and Regulations
The Office of Freight Management and Operations works closely with
other FHWA offices and with other parts of the Department to propose and implement legislation affecting freight transportation. Information on major legislation is included here.
National Policies and Studies
Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21)
Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU)
- Projects of National and Regional Significance
- Truck Parking
- Federal Register Notice: August 27, 2010 – This notice solicits applications for the truck parking facilities initiative for which funding is available under section 1305 of Public Law 109-59, 119 Stat. 1214-15, the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU). [HTML, PDF 63KB]
- Federal Register Notice: November 16, 2007 - Announcement of Application Procedure and Deadlines for the Truck Parking Initiative [HTML, PDF 68KB]
- Federal Size and Weight Regulations
- Operations Federal Register Notices
PDF files can be viewed with the Acrobat® Reader®.
DOC files can be viewed with the Microsoft Word Viewer.
PPT files can be viewed with the Microsoft