Welcome to Active Transportation and Demand Management
The Active Transportation and Demand Management (ATDM) program is intended to support agencies and regions considering moving towards an active management approach. Through customized workshops, tools, guidance documents, resources, and peer exchanges, the program can assist with technical support to implement ATDM strategies. Importantly, ATDM is not an exclusive program restricted to specific agencies. Every agency that is considering moving towards active and dynamic capabilities can benefit from the ATDM program's efforts.
- Active Transportation and Demand Management (ATDM) Program Brief: ATDM and Work Zones
- Active Transportation and Demand Management (ATDM) Program Brief: Data Needs for ATDM
- Smartphone Applications To Influence Travel Choices: Practices and Policies
- Shared Mobility: Current Practices and Guiding Principles
- The FHWA Office of Operations has developed a guide to assist agencies in planning, designing, implementing, and operating part-time shoulder use strategies that can be used to relieve congested bottlenecks and improve traffic flow and congestion-related crashes. The guide was developed based on interviews with agencies that have deployed shoulder use treatments, interviews with various FHWA subject matter experts, and research on relevant safety and operations effects and analytical techniques. This guide outlines a process and covers a range of topics that will help agencies evaluate or advance shoulder use concepts in their states or regions in a more consistent manner.
- Business Process Frameworks for Transportation Systems Management and Operations
- New ATDM Guidance
- New ATDM Research Projects